11/8/12

Trampled By Turtles: Live at the Orpheum


I went to a concert this evening (or I guess considering the time, technically yesterday) with one of my favorite bands headlining: Trampled by Turtles. I've always heard people talking about how bands are way better live than in recordings, or vice versa, but these guys are the definition of performers. 

They didn't talk too much between songs, but one part that stood out to me was a silly moment when the singer asked "what's all natural?" in a moment of confusion, and then thought the fiddle player's beer coozie with a strap was a bra, "I thought that was a bra, that would've been cool." They played a lot of music in the time they had, I lost track but I think it was somewhere around an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours.

The opening act, Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles, were a very interesting sounding band that I enjoyed thoroughly. It isn't every day you get to see a cello, standing bass, ukelele, and accordion in the same band! I wish they would have said more of their songs names, though, there a few songs in there I really liked but they didn't introduce them at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment