10/17/12

Tony Memmel Live



On Monday, I attended a concert featuring Tony Memmel, who is an amazing singer/songwriter. Earlier that day, he had come into my Audio Production III class to speak a little about the life of a touring musician and the bounds he took to make it where he is today. It was a very insightful take on the music business from the eyes of a musician and, as Tony puts it, business man. 

His concert was wonderful end of his midwest tour, with a very smooth flow and genuine short talks between each song. In one of the short segues, he talked about the Lucky Fin Project, a non-profit organization raising awareness for those with limb differences, and considering Tony has a limb difference himself, you could tell that the cause meant a lot to him; they even supported his whole midwest tour!

It was about an hour and forty minutes of awesome, followed up with me getting the opportunity to talk to Tony and his wife for a little while after the show. I purchased a couple of his albums, and due to having me wait a few extra minutes, I even got an EP for free! They're really very wonderful people and I am lucky to have gotten to speak with them as long as I did. I wish I could have gotten some pictures of the concert/with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment