12/14/12

Finals Week Finished

Enjoy this silly cartoon Louis C.K.

It's the end of finals week, and after the few tests and projects, I'm finally ready to have my break. In about a week and a half, I'll be in Denver spending Christmas with the family and having a good time.

Up until then, I'm hoping to get into the studio for a few recording sessions, try some of the new recording ideas I've learned throughout the semester and I'll see how that turns out. I'm planning on revisiting "finished" projects as well; I'll be tweaking them until they sound as good as I want them to, and then I shall get them posted on Soundcloud. It should be awesome, I've got a couple of songs I mixed for classes to add, a vocalist I recorded with a backing track, and then a whole reel of sound effects I need to compile and throw on there. On top of that, I need to start making more sound effects for the student game Fury Void! I also need to get started on composing a soundtrack for another student game, Forecast! And here I thought a winter break could involve a bit of relaxation time.

It will be a bit strange to work on these over the course of the break, considering that the building will not allow me to be inside 24 hours a day, but instead will be only open between 7am - 5pm -- not too strange sounding for the average man, but I find I prefer to do my work late in the evening. Hopefully I can get at least make some headway with the game project sounds; I'm working hard on that soundtrack!

Watch out for those updates! I'll have them posted each time I get one of those projects uploaded and ready to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. I like how personal you made this post. It really gave me a sense of what you do behind the scenes. The inside perspective was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete